After being behind bars for more than six years, New York rapper Bobby Shmurda has now been released from prison.
Footage has emerged online of the artist FaceTiming his family in good spirits following his release today (February 23).
Bobby had been in prison since 2014 after being found guilty of conspiracy and weapons possession charges.
The rapper initially pleaded not guilty, before entering a plea deal in 2016 and was subsequently sentenced to seven years in prison for 4th degree conspiracy and 2nd degree criminal weapons possession.
Shmurda was previously denied parole but has now been granted conditional release.
The rapper’s close friend and collaborator Rowdy Rebel was released in December and revealed that Bobby would be home soon too.
Bobby Shmurda’s mother told TMZ that the rapper’s release from prison will be a lowkey one, with her son set to join his family for a small and intimate dinner.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Tyler Perry helped Megan and Harry Markle get house and security in Southern California.
- Megan Markle denies making Kate Middleton Cry.
- The Royal Family were concerned about my son’s skin color when I was pregnant – Megan Markle
- Joan Laporta’s first words as Barca President.
- Here are the full list of performers lineup for this year’s Grammys.
Follow us on Twitter
News6 days ago
Abuja Airport named best airport in africa according to FAAN
News7 days ago
Police arrested 2 men who gang raped a 16 years old.
Coronavirus7 days ago
200 clubbers arrested for violating COVID-19 at Cubana nightclub
entertainment6 days ago
Burna Boy reportedly disrespected Obafemi Martins