Story – LVMH’s Moet Hennessy is buying a 50% stake in rap star Jay-Z’s Armand de Brignac champagne brand, the latest luxury brand to try to broaden its appeal with a celebrity tie-up.
“I’m proud to welcome the Arnault family into ours through this partnership,” the “Empire State of Mind” singer said in a statement, referring to the family that runs LVMH.
Financial terms of the deal, which was reported earlier by the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and New York Times, were not disclosed.
Historic luxury brands around the world have struck partnership deals with celebrities, seeking to appeal to younger customers, with Jay-Z’s pop star wife Beyonce already involved in the Ivy Park sportswear brand.
Last year, cosmetics company Coty agreed to buy a 20% stake in reality TV star Kim Kardashian West’s makeup brand KKW, although earlier this month LVMH put on hold its Fenty fashion venture with pop star Rihanna.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Tyler Perry helped Megan and Harry Markle get house and security in Southern California.
- Megan Markle denies making Kate Middleton Cry.
- The Royal Family were concerned about my son’s skin color when I was pregnant – Megan Markle
- Joan Laporta’s first words as Barca President.
- Here are the full list of performers lineup for this year’s Grammys.
Follow us on Twitter
News6 days ago
Abuja Airport named best airport in africa according to FAAN
News7 days ago
Police arrested 2 men who gang raped a 16 years old.
entertainment6 days ago
Burna Boy reportedly disrespected Obafemi Martins
entertainment7 days ago
BBN Reality Star Dorathy Bachor launches her brand MFC Lingerie.