A month into the job and focused on the coronavirus, Biden is seeing his disaster management skills tested after winter storms plunged Texas, Oklahoma and neighboring states into an unusual deep freeze that left millions shivering in homes that lost heat and power, and in many homes, water.
At least 69 deaths across the U.S. have been blamed on the blast of unseasonable weather.
The White House announced on Saturday that the president had declared a major disaster in Texas, and he has asked federal agencies to identify additional resources to address the suffering.
Biden came into office Jan. 20 promising to tackle a series of brewing crises, starting with the coronavirus pandemic and its ripple effects on the economy. He tacked on systemic racism and climate change as top priorities. And now he’s contending with storms that have not only imperiled Americans but also delayed the shipment and administration of millions of doses of coronavirus vaccines.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- The Abducted Girls has been released – Zamfara Governor
- The Anambra State Police Command have arrested two suspects for alleged armed robbers.
- Two boys arrested for raping their mentally-challenged 16-yr-old neighbor.
- Real Madrid are prepared to allow defender go to Manchester United in the summer
- Abuja Airport named best airport in africa according to FAAN
Follow us on Twitter
News5 days ago
LAUTECH Lecturer Caught Pants down having sex with a 300 level student(VIDEO)
entertainment6 days ago
U.S Lawmakers in Illinois looking to introduce a bill banning video games Like G.T.A.
News7 days ago
The police in Ebonyi State have arrested a 32-year-old woman for insisting to sell her baby for 40K..
News6 days ago
KAGARA ABDUCTION UPDATE