Terrifying bodycam footage shows the moment a police community support officer was dragged 30ft by a teenage driver as he shouted for help.
PCSO Kieron Poole from West Midlands Police said he had feared for his life as he could easily have been dragged under the tyres during the incident on 25 January last year.
The officer was confronting 18-year-old Muhammad Nadeem about whether he was smoking cannabis in the car when the teenager began to drive off, dragging the officer along with him by his arm.
The suspect tried to flee on foot and was pursued by the officer into a dead end, but charged at him and hit him over the head with a plastic bottle as he ran off.
Nadeem was later apprehended by a team of officers after heading towards Smethwick High Street in Sandwell.
The officer was left with no serious injuries, although he did suffer a bruised arm.
A hammer and axe were later found in Nadeem’s car and he also had a small amount of cannabis on him.
Nadeem, now 19, of Smethwick, said he was “shocked” when shown the footage and admitted it “doesn’t look good”.
He has admitted assault occasioning actual bodily harm, dangerous driving and possession of an offensive weapon, and will be sentenced at a later date.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BurnaBoy Confirmed to perform at the Grammy Award
- I approached him first – OAP Nkubi’s wife
- A Nigerian Man chained his mentally disorder son for N50k Debt.
- Chelsea have no chance of signing Haaland as the player has narrowed down his summer choices
- Meghan Markle awarded $625,000 over her privacy and copyright infringement.