Up to 1.3 million people living in the UK unlawfully can receive a coronavirus vaccine without any risk of being deported, the Home Office has claimed.
The Government is aiming to reach people not registered to a GP, in an effort to inoculate as many of the population as possible.
That means illegal immigrants can register with a doctor’s surgery and not fear any action from the Home Office. It is hoped that the amnesty on immigration status checks will be a further boost to the vaccination roll out.
A Government spokesman explained: ‘Coronavirus vaccines will be offered to everyone living in the UK free of charge, regardless of immigration status. Those registered with a GP are being contacted at the earliest opportunity and we are working closely with partners and external organisations to contact those who are not registered with a GP to ensure they are also offered the vaccine.’
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- BurnaBoy Confirmed to perform at the Grammy Award
- I approached him first – OAP Nkubi’s wife
- A Nigerian Man chained his mentally disorder son for N50k Debt.
- Chelsea have no chance of signing Haaland as the player has narrowed down his summer choices
- Meghan Markle awarded $625,000 over her privacy and copyright infringement.