The Senate impeachment trial of former president Donald Trump is set to begin on Tuesday, as several key details regarding the duration and structure of the trial remain unsettled, according to reports.
Lawyers for both sides will submit pre-trial briefs on Monday ahead of this week’s proceedings regarding the former president’s role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol building.
What you need to know
- Trump’s attorneys will submit a pre-trial brief on Monday morning; House managers have until noon ET to file a rebuttal
- The ex-president’s legal team and House managers offered their initial arguments for and against Trump on February 2
- The Senate is unlikely to achieve the two-thirds majority vote required to convict the former president, according to news outlets
- The House voted on January 13 to impeach the former president
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Meghan Markle awarded $625,000 over her privacy and copyright infringement.
- The Abducted Girls has been released – Zamfara Governor
- The Anambra State Police Command have arrested two suspects for alleged armed robbers.
- Two boys arrested for raping their mentally-challenged 16-yr-old neighbor.
- Real Madrid are prepared to allow defender go to Manchester United in the summer
Follow us on Twitter
News6 days ago
LAUTECH Lecturer Caught Pants down having sex with a 300 level student(VIDEO)
entertainment7 days ago
U.S Lawmakers in Illinois looking to introduce a bill banning video games Like G.T.A.
News6 days ago
KAGARA ABDUCTION UPDATE
News7 days ago
Nigerian Governor – We may have to dialogue with the bandits.