The United States government led by Joe Biden and Kamala Harris has endorsed Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former minister of finance, for the office of the director-general of the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
In a statement seen by TheCable, the office of the US Trade Representative said the Biden-Harris admin is pleased to support the candidacy of Okonjo-Iweala.
The Donald Trump-led admin had refused to back the former managing director of the World Bank on grounds that she lacked trade experience. A claim Okonjo-Iweala has refuted repeatedly.
READ MORE ABOUT OKONJO
- Ngozi Okonjo-iwela emerges Director General of world trade organization.
- US rejects Ngozi Okonjo-iwela’s appointment as Director General.
- Nigeria to get her vaccine in January. Oko njo-Iweala assures.
“The United States takes note of today’s decision by the Republic of Korea’s Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee to withdraw her candidacy for Director General of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The Biden-Harris Administration is pleased to express its strong support for the candidacy of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-lweala as the next Director General of the WTO,” the statement read in part.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- A man admitted he killed his neighbor, He ate the heart with potatoes.
- National Security Agency (NSA ) warns against 5G network, expresses its concern on national security
- LAUTECH Lecturer Caught Pants down having sex with a 300 level student(VIDEO)
- DOWNLOAD MP3: KISS DANIEL – FLEX.
- Teen allegedly left to die by friend in the park.
Follow us on Twitter
Coronavirus5 days ago
2 WOMEN BANNED FROM VACCINE CENTRE AFTER DRESSING UP AS ‘GRANNIES’ TO GET COVID-19 JAB.
News7 days ago
Cleric Gumi, Niger State SSG meet with the bandits that kidnapped Kagara students in the forest.
SPORT7 days ago
Real Madrid will need at least £44 million if they are to sign highly rated wonder kid
News6 days ago
Senator Tinubu calls for peace among Nigerians.