Ajayi Oluwatayo Oluwadamilare who goes by the popular stage name, Tayo Conga is a native of Erugbe, Ikogosi in Ekiti West Local Government of Ekiti state. He hails from a family of seven children and he is the seventh child of the family.
He holds a degree in Philosophy from Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State. After his university education, he was posted to serve the one-year compulsory National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) at the Tourism Board of Delta State.
On completion of his service year, he joined a Debt recovery firm, where he worked as the Operations Officer briefly before switching fully to his passion in entertainment and tourism.
HAPPINESS – To put smiles on people’s faces at all times through the power of the ‘Conga’.
To pick raw talents from the streets, groom them to fulfil their passion and avail them a platform to showcase what they have in stock.
Tayo Congo has at different times worked with various Nigerian ‘A-list’ artistes of gospel and secular music. Some of these include Flavour, wizkid, Banky W, Nathaniel Bassey, Sammie Okposo, Debo Ojubuyi (Zion Ilaje) among others. He has also featured at the back end of several music video productions and live concerts.
Tayo Conga is presently a member of the music department of the Elevation Church in Lekki, Lagos where he contributes to the ministration of music with his prolific percussion skills.
WHY THIS VENTURE?
Tayo Conga ventured into the traditional Conga Music space to bring to the limelight the unsung melodious rhythm of the conga drum. This inborn passion propelled the need to use the drum to promote the African music, arts, culture, and tourism in Nigeria.
THE TUMBADORA ENTERTAINMENT
Tumbadora Entertainment is a group of professional African Percussionists from Nigeria led by the eclectic Tayo Conga. Over time, the group has evolved to become a custodian and advocate of arts, culture, and tourism in Nigeria.
The Band specializes on generating rhythms from the African drum to serenade guests at different functions with nonstop melodies that radiates the atmosphere like fragrance.
Tumbadora has a unique and distinguished style of music, which is a fusion of different musical influences and genre including Apala, Salsa, Hip-hop, Afro, High Life, Afro-hip hop, Awurebe amongst other. These fusions entertain diplomats, royalties, corporate organizations, tourists, and travel enthusiasts with a spice of percussions. Beyond entertainment, the Tumbadora Group has a mission to inspire African youths to rise and make the best use of their talent.
- 2016: Independence Day celebration tour to Ikogosi Spring
- 2017: African Heritage Tour to Badagry. A tour with tourists and guests to the ancient monuments and the slave trade relics in Badagry.
- 2018: GREEN & PROUD, a tour to the beach settlements located at Okun-Ajah area of Ibeju-Lekki in Lagos.
- 2019: African Heritage Tour II to Ikogosi Spring with participants experiencing the natural environment of the spring including the beautiful Arinta Water Falls with seven levels.
- 2020: Featured as the lead percussionist for Nathaniel Bassey’s Album (The King is coming)
- 2020: African Heritage Tour III – a proposed tour to Ghana, Liberia and Seirra Leone with travel enthusiasts.