A man, identified as Jacob Blake, is in serious condition after police reportedly tasered and then shot him several times after he apparently tried to break up a dispute between two people.
Videos and photos show crowds confronting police officers at the scene. The Wisconsin Department of Justice’s Division of Criminal Investigation is set to launch a probe into the officer-involved shooting.
What you need to know
– A Black man identified as Jacob Blake was shot several times by a police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin
– Blake’s condition is unconfirmed
– Police deployed tear gas in Kenosha as protesters gathered in the streets
– A state of emergency was issued in Kenosha, including a curfew until 7am, local time
– Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers spoke out against “excessive use of force and immediate escalation when engaging with Black Wisconsinites”